Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Home for Homecoming

This past weekend was the first time I've been back home since I moved into my dorm. I went back home because Friday was my high school's homecoming, and I couldn't miss it. Since I was the Homecoming Queen last year, I had to be there to crown the winner for this year. Waiting to crown the winner I kept hoping it would be one of my friends, and sure enough it was! I was extremely happy to crown one of my best friends from high school. It was also very exciting getting to see all of my friends and family. I've kept in touch with my two best friends that are going to McMurry and Texas Christian University, but it was great to get the gang back together again! We talked about our college lives, how classes were going, and track and lacrosse practices. It was good getting to hear how they were doing and what their college lives are like. One of the things I missed the most was my stepmother's cooking! Since she owns a restaurant, she makes some pretty awesome food. I've missed eating her Navajo fry bread tacos, her pecan-crusted chicken, and especially her chocolate pie. Although it was a great weekend, it sure feels good to be back in San Marcos!

No comments:

Post a Comment