Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Amazing Friend

Thanksgiving break went by way too fast! I was surprised because I actually enjoyed going home, so that made me feel good. Seeing all of my best friends was the best part of going home. Although I've made friends here, so far no one can compare to my friends from back home. We're just too out there compared to most people I've met here. We don't care about what others think and we are very open about everything. It was hard to say goodbye to them, but we will see each other soon. I'm excited for the spring semester because that means track and field season! Both of my best friends do track and field in college, and one of them will more than likely be running in the Texas Relays this spring. She's an amazing friend and even more amazing at track. She won the 100m dash at the state championship three years in a row, and if she didn't tear her ACL she would've won it all four years of high school. She won and placed in other events too at the state championship all four years. Her name is Jasmine Sillemon and now she runs for the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs! It's amazing how much she has accomplished throughout her life so far, and I can't wait to see what else she'll accomplish. She inspires me to work hard for what I want every day, she never stops trying with anything she does, so I feel it is important for me to never give up and keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment