Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Newly elected officer


Every Tuesday we have our Alpha Delta Pi chapter meetings, but tonight’s meeting was special because our president was announcing the new officers for the year 2014. My goal is to be philanthropy chair my sophomore year so naturally I ran for philanthropy chair assistant. I was really excited. I thought my interview went really well. Since the position I was running for was an appointed position, I had to wait for a phone call after the meeting from our new president asking me to either be philanthropy chair assistant or any position they thought I would be good as. Now I work every day from 2-6 and I am very school oriented so I study about 20 hours a week. So work, class, studying, and sorority functions take up pretty much all of my time. I ran for an assistant position because it’s not that much work but it would still get me involved. So after chapter meeting, I rushed home to make sure my phone was fully charged for the anticipated call. I was really nervous. Nine o clock was approaching and I was scared I would never get the call. But while I was leaving my dorm about to get on the elevator, I received a call asking if I would like to be the new patriotic chair. Patriotic chair has to do with anything veterans so fundraisers, t shirt sales, gifts etc. it’s a pretty big job and I’d have to speak at every meeting. Of course I accepted the position and I am overly thrilled that I will get to be a very honorable position for my sorority but on the other hand I am nervous for how busy I will be next semester. Hopefully everything will work out for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment